Friday, July 28, 2006

DC here I come!

Wow, this summer is flying! Amy and I are having an awesome summer tour, and from Broadway shows, to Busch Garden roller coasters, we almost forget this is a job. Looking at next week's schedule, I realized it'll already be August, woah. My goal is to be in DC by September 1st, or closely after. I've had a few auditions since the big "Leagues" in DC, and am psyched to get to work as an actress in the District.

From the looks of it, most of my callbacks are with children theatres (shocking, right!), and so that will most likely be my target for the coming season. I'm certainly not limiting myself to anyting, but if I can find areas in which to continue building my resume and experience, awesome!

It's really exciting to see what some of my colleagues are up to as well! Two guys (James Gardiner & Nick Blaemire) who attended the Overtures workshop at the Kennedy Center with me are having their new play produced via concert reading @ Joe's Pub @ THE PUBLIC THEATRE in NYC. It will be directed by Eric Schaeffer (Signature's artistic director who has directed Sondheim premieres) and will star several Broadway actors. It's called "Ass Backwards", so be on the lookout for the original production. Fortunately, the tour will have me in Middletown, NY that week, so we'll be able to catch the event!

No comments: