Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Good Week

My spirits are high this week as I prepare my body, mind, and soul for SETC (South Eastern Theatre Conference) auditions in Atlanta. I received my picture postcards early and the week, and have sent them to the theatres represented whose seasons most interest me.

Work on the short film was fun last week. Working on a film is like tech week in theatre. Alot of "Hurry up, and wait"-ing. At one point, a hot light was accidentally dropped on my head, that was a good time, NOT. .... the reaction to this was awesome, they had a doctor on call to make sure there was no damage, and that I hadn't passed out. The overall experience was rewarding, and of course it's always fun to have someone else do my hair and make-up... Kya was a pro! The film is called "The Exaltation of Mr. Pratt" and it is being submitted for the national 168 Hour Film Festival.

Onto STAGE NEWS: I have been cast in the company of "Guys & Dolls" at American Music Stage, and am looking forward to working with old friendss and making new ones. I haven't been in a musical chorus for several years, should be fun! Also, I was cast in Theater of the First Amendment's FIRST LIGHT FESTIVAL. I will play "Tess" (a 1940s radio actress) and "Leader" (a strong, modern woman) in a new play called Faithkillers. The reading will be directed by Jeremy Skidmore, psyched to have the opportunity to work with such a renowned DC area director!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

the masses demand a blog update! :)