Monday, January 12, 2009

Work in 2009

Hello, Hello!

I am writing to share my good fortune.. I have been hired at a fine dining restaurant in Times Square. Although this does not sound like the best job ever, I'm an actor in New York... I'm on my way to making it, have my first restaurant gig :)It's called Blue Fin, check it out: http://www.brguestrestaurants.com/restaurants/blue_fin/index.php

In all seriousness though, economic times have made it difficult for me to rely on temp jobs/teaching jobs for steady income from the start. And I need work right away. My first week and a half in New York has been both challenging (not knowing if I can spend any money) and amazing (catching up with old friends/acquaintances from many parts of my life). Now secure in a serving job, I am free to begin the audition search for acting jobs, and the application process for teaching artist work. I begin standardized patient work Thursday at Cornell Med School.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts thusfar, and may 2009 be a blessed year for us all!

No comments: