Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oxford: Part Deux

Wow, one week left in this magical city!
It's been a whirlwind of classes, tutorials, rehearsals, river walks (and runs), pub outings, and masterclasses. Today's "master" was Fiona Shaw. I love that she is as fabulous a teacher as she is a performer! In two brief hours, we left with 3 or 4 practical tips for approaching a Shakespeare of modern piece. I hope to someday reach a similar level of excellence.

I will post pictures and more thoughts about the journey as this week continues, it will provide quick breaks from rehearsals. All in all, I have made some monument discoveries, and have experienced moments of validation. I look forward to returning back to life and career in the States with this new perspective. So much to read, work on, pursue!!

On the river in Stratford-upon-Avon

:

No comments: