Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Life is Flying by......

at a rapid pace! I better hold on, and get myself in order, to accomplish all I want to accomplish. My birthday last month reminded me that I have been a DC resident for two years, and woke me up to the goals I have set. A goal of mine has always been to be in NY or LA by the time I am 25, my bro, Marcel, invited me to move into his apartment in Brooklyn, and here I come... I will be up in New York in late December! My national tour was cancelled in late June, and I decided to use the following months July-December, as a sabatical... making money and cleaning up my act.

Since May, I have lost ten pounds, attended an amazing Improv Retreat in the Catskills, continued to hone my voice with my brilliant voice teacher/guru, attended more workshops with my acting teacher/guru, and gained confidence in myself as a performer. This downtime was majorly necessary, and now I must kick my butt for the next few months as I transition to The City.

In the words of RENT, "No day but today". I need to kick myself out the door to get my run in this afternoon. I need to organize a solo concert before leaving DC. I need to clean my room out, and re-organize my desk so that I can be successful in business. I need to lose my final ten pounds, and clear my face of acne once and for all.. Yea. I've got a busy two months ahead!

Reminder: REGISTER TO VOTE before it's too late!!! Also, if you are still undecided... I URGE you to support Barack Obama... he is very detailed in his plans of positive change and has rallied the country together to believe in America once again.. More info at www.barackobama.com

No comments: