Friday, July 08, 2005

Week off in DENVER

It felt so good to be driving into the city Monday night. Although, I've found it interesting to check out these small towns, the city is always calling my name, and I miss going into DC.

RIDE DOWN: The cow town of Medora, ND was fun... I picked up my authentic cowboy hat (don't worry Dad, I'll still wear the blue one, it was just too large to pack :-) ). We also checked out the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, which is in the center of North Dakota Badlands. I definitely MISSED the Bristol 4th of July, but I supposed Mount Rushmore would have to do. It was kind of surreal being there... not like this whole trip isn't! We finished on through South Dakota and into Wyoming. While stopping for gas in Cheyenne, a woman approached us, and told us about her experience as a kid with Missoula Children's Theatre, and said it was an experience she's always remembered (this was over 15 years ago). Pretty amazing!

Washington Post has called Missoula Children's Theatre the "PEACE CORPS of THEATRE". There is definitely a documentary in the near future lined up, and our director, Jim Caron, has gotten offers for a reality TV show.. 2 partners, one truck, thousands of miles, hundreds of kids... Can we say drama??

So while in Denver, I've been checking out some shopping sights, catching free concerts, and yesterday afternoon, I rented a bike to tour some paths around the city. What a cool city this is... Everyone seems so health conscious, "Whole Foods", "Wild Oats", and so many people biking, blading, and running. AND everyone follows the laws of the road, including pedestrians and bikers waiting for the walk and don't walk. These people aren't in a RUSH. Imagine. I can definitely see myself living here for a time, and I'm really thinking about auditioning for the National Theatre Conservatory again, which is in the heart of the city (Denver's Center for the Performing Arts). This is probably the MOST COMPETITIVE program though... 8 people are accepted!

Another Missoula Children's Theatre team is coming into town tonight, so we will probably meet up tomorrow, and trade stories. They are on their way from New Mexico to Nebraska. It will be awesome to see some familiar faces! Next week, I will be about a half hour south of Denver, so I'm sure I will experience as much of it as I can before we go back into the heartland (Nebraska, Missouri, and Kentucky).

Much love to all!

No comments: