Saturday, July 02, 2005

What's in a Name??? Devils Lake

The weather matched the name of the town this week, as we had thunder and lightning storms almost every night. With not much to do, I went to the movies 3 times this week, that's got to be a record! But it's so cheap out here- $5.75. I saw "Bewitched" (LOVE Will Ferrell :-) ), "War of the Worlds" (better than I thought it'd be-- well, it was Spielberg afterall), and "Batman Begins" (which was very fitting, as the team that used our truck before us left Batman mats and steering wheel cover!). The people here are not as friendly as others we've met in North Dakota-- you'd think they'd try to be better people in spite of their "devilish" name. I guess I'm just used to awesome Arthur hospitality.. Anyway, I'm working through... and TODAY begins my VACATION WEEK!!!

Speaking of Arthur hospitality, Lisa Moore (the daughter of my homestay family) invited us out to the lake today. Her boyfriend's family has a cabin out there, and if the weather is nice, we can go tubing, 4-wheeling, fishing, etc.

So, we'll leave tomorrow and make a stop in Medora, ND to see a huge attraction, the "Medora Musical"-- should be lots of corny jokes and sing along music. We'll see Mount Rushmore on the 4th. Since I'm missing Bristol's 4th, I want to do something memorable! Then our final trek to Denver, where I'll spend the rest of the week off, and hopefully meet up with some of Jean-Paul & Leanne's friends to hike or something.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Oh, that's so great! Thanks for taking an interest in my tour. Medora was beautiful and I had so much fun on the lake with Lisa and Andy!