Tuesday, August 30, 2005

California

I've made it... it's taken 21 years to get here, but Sunday night I arrived at the Oakland airport to spend two weeks with Aunt Kim, Uncle Dennis and my California cousins. Noel took me on a tour of San Fran today, and I plan to make several little trips into the city during my stay. Top of my list is checking out ACT (American Conservatory Theatre- awesome MFA program) and the San Francisco Fringe Festival. A fellow Tour Actor/ Director is spending some time about an hour away from Lafayette, so I'm hoping he may be able to hit up the festival with me.

Mom, Dad & I had an awesome time at Glacier NP. Breathtaking! The most gorgeous sights any of us had seen! Pictures to come, I've lost the adapter for my camera, oh, and my wallet, but that's another story... for the moment I'm blaming my former tour partner (haha, only kidding-- but I wouldn't put it past her). I'm managing w/o my wallet... my biggest problem is trying to contact the RI DMV-- I've been on hold for almost a half hour 2 days in a row.

Sad times: A fellow tour actor lives in New Orleans, and her house was flooded (5-10) in Hurricane Katrina. Please keep Kristi in your prayers as she may find all her personal belongings and clothes ruined, not to mention she may not even be able to return before heading back to Missoula in a couple weeks.

More to come on California! We're spending the weekend in the moutains in the Arsenault's cabin!

1 comment:

Meegs said...

Elise! What happened to you?