Saturday, August 20, 2005

Summer's OVER

Well, this week flew and tomorrow we commence on a 4-day journey back to Missoula. I have been in Appalachia (Kentucky) for the past week, and I couldn't help thinking of the "Appalachian Emergency Room" sketch from SNL. All we could see for miles on our drive in was mullets and trailers. Now I know why it is called "Kentucky" Fried Chicken... Everywhere you look there is fast food, and much of the obesity in America lives in the town we were in. We had to make some costumes to fit the kids... I felt really bad when we ran out of our XL Jungle Book T-Shirts, and there weren't any other sizes to fit the kids who wanted to buy them. I have sort of indulged this week on Wendys (picked up a Frosty yesterday) and Taco Bell (tried their new "Cheesy Gordita Crunch" mmm...), but as I head back to Missoula, I will eat only healthy truck snacks. Overall, I have toned this summer, but haven't really lost weight... haven't gained though, so I'm on my way. Over my two week break, I am going to work on the book that I'm writing about actors on tour and precautions to prevent weight gain.

I am psyched for the upcoming week! Tomorrow, I head to WV to check out my friend James's summer stock play, and Monday I will meet up with some college friends in Chicago. We'll also meet up with another team (Maryann & Trish) and caravan back to Montana on Tuesday morning. Wednesday we'll arrive in Missoula, and Thursday Mom & Dad fly in!

I'm spending the following two weeks outside of San Francisco with family, so please let me know if you'll be in the area, or if you have some recommendations on places to check out.

Looking forward to the Fall Tour with my new partner, Nick. We've been chatting much, and should have a great time!

1 comment:

Meegs said...

It was great seeing you last night! I hope you didn't get stuck with too much of the driving today!

Love,
Megan