Sunday, October 29, 2006

MCM 10K

I did it! And I felt great! 6.2 miles in fifty-five minutes and ten seconds, in chilly weather. 49-52 degrees was a great running temp, but not while standing around, waiting to begin, in a tank top and shorts. Hey, I'm an amateur, what can I say. I am on my way to the marathon in the spring! It was really inspiring to see 35,000 people committed to running so far and staying in such great shape. I must admit, I have definitely eaten back all the calories that I have burned in the past week, but it felt good to over carb it for a change, I even picked up McD's on my way to rehearsal tonight.

But, the race is over, so tomorrow is a rest/stretch day, and kick my diet back into check. Why? because I've just been contacted by a talent agency in the area to come audition/interview, and if they like me, I'll be offered an exclusive contract. Who knows though, I'm not going to rush into anything, but I'm pretty psyched that they've chosen me out of hundreds of headshots/resumes they receive, to come in!

The last few weeks have been busy, and it doesn't look like I'll be slowing down anytime soon, which is great! I thrive on being busy, and I've been out of practice for a year and half. I've enjoyed that time (on the road, and the interim) but I'm thrilled w/ the opportunities I've had this month, and those which I know are just around the corner.

No comments: